Has metacarpal spiral fracture on finger, cast removed. How long to heal?

My 11 year old daughter has a metacarpal spiral fracture of her 3rd (middle) finger . She had it in a cast fully immobilized for 4 weeks. We have had the cast removed but the fracture line is still visible. I was told kids heal quickly but it just seems like it is taking forever. The bone was not fractured apart the last xray showed that the middle was not completely filled in yet. How much longer will it take. She is a competitive cheerleader and we know she wont be able to tumble till at least the 8 week mark but are we being too optimistic thinking that?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013