Has low calcium and low iron. On tums and novaferrum. Getting high triglycerides. What's wrong?

My, son has low calcium and the doctor started him on tums 4 times a day. his calcium has come up some but is still low. now his iron is low ( 45) and they stared him on (novaferrum 4 oz. twice a day) for 6 weeks and now his iron is 42 still falling. and they are saying now that his triglycerides are high and rising 394. i think that the doctor is not doing enough and what is your oppenion on what is going on, or what can we do
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012