Has herpetic whitlow. White heads around eyes. Had viral pharyngitis and middle ear effusion. Is virus related?

My daughter 8 yr old. has herpetic whitlow but hasnt had an episode in while. She gets these white heads around her eyes sometimes. She was dx w/viral pharyngitis and middle ear effusion on Monday, could this redness/swolleness come from this virus?. Since then her eyes are swollen (red on the skin) and more little whiteheads are raised around the bottom of her eye.. I m freaking out! Is this an episode of herpetic whitlow and should she be prescribed Acyclovir
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012