Hi welcome to health care magic forum. As it is a recently diagnised problem it needs some time to get accomedated to these drugs, it is a continuous process of treatment, and she should continue to use the drugs, for life prbably.
Dont worry if the drugs are ineffective, she will be cured, by electric shock
specially ment for these cases. It is not a shock of electricity but is a medical term.
It happens due to auditory hallusination, due to some changes in the brain.
I advise you to follow some nonmedical advises to be helpful to her to recover. They are yoga
, reading books, hearing songs and if interested gardening. If not garden pot plants in side the house. she is encouraged to do the work which she can do, like teaching the kids.
Wishing for a quick recovery and thanks for calling.