Has fever, redness in throat, tonsillitis, high temperature. On amoxicillin. Help?

Hi My 13 month old son ,started with fever on friday night, mild 37.8 so gave him a dose of calpol . Saturday he looked fine but by evening the temperature rose to 39.5 .We went to ER where they measured it to be 39.7. So gave him calpol. The doctor checked and said it lookes ot be tonsillitis and prescribed amoxcyllin . I have been given him both calpol and amoxcyllin on sunday and he looked fine during the day but again night he was hot flushed and temperature was again 39.7. I am not sure whats happening since 3 days he has this hightemperature no other symtom. I m not sure if its tonsillits as he had a semi solid food without complain although refusing water. Redness in throat could be beacuse of his constant crying. I am worried its not some underlying disease.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013