Has fever despite ibuprofen and paracetamol. Monocytes high. What is wrong?

My 13 month old has had a fever more than 39 for 10 hours despite ibuprofen and paracetamol . She is flat. We took her to the hospital and she had a cxr which was normal and blood tests and were sent home to wait for the results of the bloods. I had been waiting a number of hours and called the lab and her monocytes are high andcrp is 24. We cannot find the paediatrician he is not answering his phone. Should I take her to a different hospital or wait?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012