Has fatigue and nausea. EKG shows flutter. Being treated for Atriafib. Recommendations?

My Mom will be 87 this month and is very active 87 year old. She has been treated for AtriaFib for a while now and saw her cardiologist on Monday. She has not been feeling well, fatigued, nauseated, not her self. He did an EKG and found her to be in flutter. He is recommending her to have a Cardiac Conversion. Says that she will feel 100% better after. What should we expect? I read that not always is it successful and may have to be done again. And what is the after care for her?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013