Has episodes of cough, wheezing. Why does the cough get wet?

My 3 yr old till last year had a history of cold , but starting this year in January has episodes of cold getting worse into cough and wheezing .. getting admitted to hospital and then on antibiotics and Oraped. And then recurring cold ..antibiotics and Oraped.. every two month. Last two times it was sinus infections and at all times it was wet ugly cough. Dust mites is the only thing he is allergic to. Also his immunity is good from his blood work... This time started again with sneeze/cold.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012