Has dimentia, shallow breathing, do not resuscitate order. Could breathing tube violate the do not resuscitate order?

My mother is just coming out of surgery (86 year old) - broken leg - in surgery about 2 hours and once they took out the breathing tube, she is doing shallow breathing . She has dimentia and doesn t really know us anymore. She has a do not resuscitate order. They put her on an oxygen mask to see if that would help. They are contemplating putting the breathing tube back in over-night. If we don t put the breathing tube back in, what could happen? Will she be in more pain? If we allow the breathing tube, will that be violating the do not resuscitate order?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013