Has constant fever after myringotomy. Why is he fussy, has weight loss and cough?

My son is 14 months old. H&P myringotomy in December 2011. Since February 2012, he has run a fever anywhere from 100-103.7 F. He almost constantly runs a low grade fever with the occasional spikes. We have had many test conducted such as CXR, UA with culture, Sed rate, CRP , EBV , strep tests, blood cultures, cytomegalovirus titer and mycoplasma titer...all of which have been negative. His CBC c Diff shows WBCs at 16.2 segmented neutrophils at 23 and lymphocytes 64. All other lab vales are WINL. We have been to his PCP, ENT and a pediatric immunologist and still have no answers as to what the problem might be. Is there any information you can give me to aid in uncovering the etiology of his unspecified fever? The only sx s he consistenently has is the fever, fussiness, and no weight gain in last 3 months (he weighs 20lbs). He has no other clinical sx (ie. cough, congestion, etc.) Thank you for taking the time to entertain my request.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012