Has congenital hip dysplasia. Recommended exercises that can be of help?

My daughter has congenital hip dysplasia and has been excused from most but not all activities in gym by her doctor. The state requires p.e. She is not to jump, run, etc. The pe instructor say she is to find alternative movements for lunges . NO MORE WALKING. Do you have alternative suggestions? She gets demerits, etc. for non-participation. Want her to feel positively about any exercising she can do. Thank you so much for ideas.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012