Has brain tumor, possibly astrocytoma, mixed cystic, hemorrhage component. Done MRI. Serious?

hello Doctor
My father in law who is 64 years old and height possibly 5ft 6in, weight under 60 is diagnosed with Brain Tumour possibly Astrocytoma. His MRI report says that Right temporo parietal lobe white matter well defined large T1 hypo/T2 hyper intense signal multiloculated mixed cystic/solid peripheral enhancing SOL measuring
7.5(AP)/5.3(TR)/5.6(TR)cm seen with T1 hyper intense signal dependentsub acute haemorrhagic component. also uncal herniation. What does this mean? should we opt for biopsy or surgery. Is this really serious??

thank you
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013