Has black hole in mouth. Has quit smoking 10 days ago. Suggestions?

Hi a little earlier this evening a friend of mine shared with me; her daughter (23) yr old, had to have a biopsy on what my friend described as a black hole in her mouth. She did not say where exactly the hole was located in her daughters mouth. All the same this sounds scary. The young lady has been a smoker ( quit 10 days ago) What can you tell me based on the little info ive provided. I am sorry those are the only details i can provide, want to let my friend tell me in her own time.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013