Has bilateral polycystic ovaries. Irregular period. Painful vagina. Suggestion?

Hi, I am Shey. I just want to help my friend. She is turning 21 years old this year. She started having her period when she was 12 years old but since then, her period happened every after six months. She started missing her monthly period since she was 16 years old (as in no monthly period at all). She consulted an Obgyne last week and was advised to undergo rectal ultrasound . After the ultrasound, the doctor said my friend has bilateral polycystic ovaries and prescribed medicine named ‘provera’ and a 21-day pill . My friend has no unusual body hair growth, no acne on her face, not obese (she weighs 49 kilos, and 5’1’’ in height). She feels as if there is no problem in her body except for sudden mild pain on her vagina . Can I have your opinion regarding this? Your response will be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot and more power to your site.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013