Has a glioblasttoma multiforme. What drips is he on? Life expectancy?

hi my friend has a glioblasttoma multi for me and he was given 12 months to live,he is 47 and is now as of today finished the course of steroids he has been on as the doctors told him they can not give him anymore but told him they will put him on a drip every 3 weeks for 3 months and only said it will make his quality of life better,my question is what is in the drip and what is its purpose and what happens after the 3 months are up? thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013