Has a D12 fracture following a fall, had surgeries for breast cancer. Suggest

My mom has a D12 fracture following a fall in may of this year. She had 2 surgeries in the spring for breast cancer (in situ) and had breast conservation surgeries. The pain, following her fall is persistent and she is having a difficult time lying down during her radiation . The doctor s have told us that she has a compressed vertabrae in d12. Can the ongoing pain be a sign of bone cancer? We are still awaiting results of an MRI . No pain medication seems to help. Can u help?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012