Has Myasthenia gravis. Cranial fracture. Is it safe to travel by air?

A friend recently had a cranial fracture while in Jamaica. She has been dismissed from the hospital, but told not to travel back to the States on Saturday as scheduled, because of a follow up appointment next week. Could you please explain the dangers in traveling (flying) with this injury (whether it s the altitude, cabin pressure, or what). I don t know the extent of the fracture, only that it happened Friday night, and she was dismissed today. She also has myesthena gravis.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012