Has IBS, dysentery, constipation, dizziness, loose stool, cough with sputum. On paracetamol. Help?

My name is Sarah ...i myself is a medical student .i want to ask about my fathers problem.hez 59 yrs of age.He has Irritable bowel synd.since he was quite young.he has a habitual constipation sometimes dysentry and ...about 40 days ago he didnt have her bowels open for almost 5 days....he almost fainted..after about 10 or 15mins he got stable.i gave her lactulose about 25ml for his constipation.after 2to 3 hrs his bowels got open but they were watery in consistency....Next morning he took lactulose suspension by himself almost 30ml and had 2 watery in consistency his bowels are open ...he goes to toilet almost early morning but problem of loose stool is there...he is also having intermittent fever and cough with Sputum...Today we did his blood Cp...wbc counts were 9000..hb 14.5...urine test was normal too..Dr gave him levoflox 500mg and paracetamoll...Plz thorough some light on this case
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013