Has Emphysema, cleared state of prostate cancer, wearing life vest, on breathing treatment. Situation sounds like?

My dad is 74. He has Emphysema, is in a cleared state of prostrate cancer and bladder cancer , he has had 3 heart attacks in his life, he smokes (up until 14 days ago$ and was just diagnosed with an EF of 20%, and fluid in the sack around the heart. He is currently wearing a life vest and taking diuretics with breathing treatment with steroids. He was sent home from the hospital 4 days ago. He is having extremely uncharacteristic behavioral changes. Is this due to medications and/or circumstance or could there be something else we are missing? (Ex. He would never steal anything from anyone, ever! yesterday he tried to steal a wheelchair - whats more, he was already given one that he refuses to use. Then yelled and cussed at my Mom as she cried begging him to stop).
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013