Has Ca. Breast with bone metastasis. Had palliative radiation therapy. Help?

Hi Doctor, I m Aditi from India. My mother has Ca. Breast with bone metastasis . She has had palliative radiation therapy in Mar12 (10 sittings) and 9 chemotherapies, last one in Aug2012. Earlier she was bed ridden, now she is able to walk, perform daily activities. Currently, she is on aromatase inhibitor (Stazonex), Shelcal, Calciferol, Zolderonic acid (monthly). Her Ca 15.3 done in Nov12 was 162 units/ml and in Dec12 it dropped down to 78 u/ml. Her Ca 15.3 done last week was 206 u/ml, alongiwht an increase in ESR to 52 and urine pus cells were 5-7 WBC/HPF. Can you please opine if this increase in Ca 15.3 is only associated with cancer progression or if it can also increase due to any other infection in the body. Also, is there any other marker to keep an eye on for bone mets progression? Many Thanks, Aditi
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013