Has ADHD. Stopped concerta, lack of focus, frequent talking. Can puberty affect how concerta works?

My son is 14 and on Concerta for ADHD- had been for many years. Recently he began refusing the meds bc he says they make him feel sad and that he thinks he can do better school work without them. This is day 2 of no meds at school. So far some teacher feedback indicates that he was more chatty and a bit more unfocused w/o the meds. No academic achievement to look at yet. BUT my question is, can puberty affect how the Concerta works?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012