Hardness on top of ear, wearing spectacles. Are the arms of spectacles causing this?

I have a hardness ontop of my ear , on the , i dont know what to call it , helix maybe. I only noticed this a couple of days ago, yet might have had it all of my life for all i know. I'm wear
full time corrective eye glasses, and on occassions will get this discomfort on ears. Could the spec arms be causing this.. 'killing the nerves, maybe. It is .beginning to worry me
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
thank you for your query.

yes the arms of the spectacles can cause the hardness due to usage over a period of time.
you should be concerned if it increases in size,pains or oozes any fluid.
then i would advise you to consult your ENT
or else nothing to worry.

thank you,
wishing you good health