Hardness among the bruises on buttocks, painful, nothing is broken. What specialist should be consulted?

My mother, age 88, fell about 2 weeks ago in the kitchen. Took her to Er - no concussion or break. About a week ago this hard know come up amongst the bruises on her right butt check. It is so painful that she cannot sit. What type of doctor should she see? I called our family physician and she said the orthopedic , but she was x-rayed at the ER and nothing was broken. Please help me decide what to do. She is miserable. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012