Hardening of the calf muscle,bruise below the knee,dark spot

As of last Tuesday my left calf muscle got rock hard and stayed that way for about 48 hours. On Wednesday I started noticing bruising below my knee and also on my ankle/top of foot . The hardness started going away on Thursday but the bruising got worse, and started moving a little. Now it is mor on the side of my foot and has a noticable dark spot along the bottom. No real pain associated but if I wear shoes and sit for a while it starts to feel a little hot and swollen.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012