Hard stools, anal fissure. Nitrogesic ointment suggested with cremaffin. How long should I take medication?

I had problem of very hard stool in month of January, i saw a doctor and he suggested me to use laxatives as psyllium and drink lots of water. During same time i found myself something inside my anal aperture, went to a gastroeneterology surgeon for physical examination. he told me that i have also developed anal fissure along with sentinel tag. He suggested me an nitrogesic ointment and if not cured then surgery. I also took cremaffin 6-8ml every day since last week of january. I realized that cremaffin is a lot of help. I am eating lot of fibres and drinking lot of water. I am much better now but how long should i contnue with cremaffin. I also realized that withdrawing cremaffin takes me back to hard stools . how long should i contnue with cremaffin?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013