Hard sore lump on top of shoulder. Is it bursitis? How to cure it?

My 89 year old mother has a hard lump the top (size of 50 cent piece and a 3/4 inch in height) of her shoulder about where her bra strap goes across. It is sore when she carries something heavy or has to use it. The family doctor said she thinks it is brucitis and to put hot on for 10 min then cold on for 10 min., if this doesnt help maybe a cortizone shot. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with,the most possibilities to fit your condition .these include

1.the first one may be, a CYST or MASS;biopsy and FNAC may confirm the diagnosis.

2.second possibility is,ARTHRITIS of the acromian-clavicular joint may produce similar condition.

x-ray or MRI scanning may confirm the diagnosis

there is an another possibility like LIPOMA;is an fatty tumor and not harmful

consult your orthopedist for correct diagnosis and treatment option.

I hope this is helpful for you, thank you