Hard red scabby patches on body. Causing irritation. What is the cause?

I had a red scabby patch on the back of my neck about a week ago and since then have found several more in the same area, one on my cheek, 2 under my arm , one on my wrist and a couple on my chest . The first now seems almost healed. They range from about 3mms to 7mms in diameter. The surface is quite pink, raised and hard. They do not hurt, just irritate me as they are all located in hairy areas. I have not changed my diet in any way and have no idae what could be causing them. I am male and 28 years of age. Any ideas? Cheers
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012