Hard painless lumps below the ear. Should be concerned?

I have two fine hard bulge, about 0.5 cm, about 3 cms down form the botton of my ear, at the place where lower jaw bone ends. It cannot be seen from surface. But it can be easily felt through palpitation . The lumps are hard, painless and although not completed fixed, but movable only by a little i feel a snap like feeling. Do I need to be concerned ?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
There are lymph nodes in this area that can swell with the slightest infection. You may have had a throat or ear infection which has caused the glands to enlarge in this way. I would suggest you do not need to do anything at present. It is probably nothing to worry about. If the swellings are still there in 3 or 4 weeks then a visit to your doctor would be appropriate for possible further tests and reassurance.
Best regards,
Dr KAPottinger

2 users find this helpful