Hard painful lump behind left ear, enlarged tonsils, bumps on head. Hodgkin's lymphoma?

Day before yesterday my 11 year old niece discovered she had a hard painful-to-touch bump behind her left ear, her mother took her to the doctor the following day and he discovered that the left side of her tonsils are enlarged (not painful) and also found several other bumps on the left side of her head only. It is painful for her to shampoo and brush her hair. Could this be hodgkin s lymphoma or some type of cancer?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012