Hard painful bruise on chin, getting red, larger. How to treat it?

I fell three weeks ago and obtained a palm sized bruise on my chin from where a gallon water dispenser fell on my leg when I went down. The bruise has become hard and always been painful to touch. Currently the bruise is hard and seems to be swelling . A red spot appeared on the bruise just two days ago and the spot is getting larger, currently about the size of a quarter. I am concerned it may cause a blood clot. How can I treat this until seeing my doctor next week? Or should I go to an urgent care clinic/ER.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013