Hard nodule behind the ear, no side effects. What could it be?

Hi, 8 years ago I found a hard nodule in my neck , under the jaw behind the ear, I visited 2 doctors at the time both told me it was a calcified gland . The lump appeard after a 6 month visit to South America were I picked up an illness that caused me to be sick for pretty much my whole time there, the docotors in South America put it down to Giardia . As soon as I left S.America my health returned and I have rarely been ill since. I recently saw another doctor about something else and she felt the gland, she seemed to think it was my lymph node. I have had 2 childeren in the past 3 years, would any abnormalities have shown up in the blood work. I am a bit worried. I am going for an ultrasound scan next week. I have no other side effects.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012