Hard movable lump on the leg. No pain. Have smoking addiction

Hello, I am 22 years old. Male. I Have one pea sized lumps just above my shin on both my legs. They are hard and movable. I have them for a long time now but its starting to bother me now. And by bother i don t mean it pains or anything, but just wanted to know if this is normal or do i need to do anything about them. And if it helps i am a smoker.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
If these lumps are since long time and not causing any problem then you do not need to get it removed. These can be collection of fatty tissue also called lipoma. If you want to know exact cause of the swelling then i would suggest you to get ultrasound examination.