Hard lumps on the knee cap that seem to be attached, get visible on bending. Solution?

I am a 22 year old woman. I have two small lumps , maybe half the size of a pea on my right knee cap, they feel as if they are part of or attached to the bone because they are hard, do not move, and become more visible when I bend my knee. I have a history of knee pain , but it has been dismissed without much investigation because doctors have told me that I m too young to have joint problems and that they probably hurt because I am very active ( no sports or injuries, I just walk a lot). I have not seen a doctor about the lumps yet. My knees mostly hurt when I am cold and when I am standing for a long time, and also when I rest at night. They do not hurt when I walk or climb stairs.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012