Hard lumps on pubic area that are occasionally itchy, feel sore on trying to pop. What could it be?

I have hard red lumps on pubic area? What is this? I am a 16 year old female. These lumps are sometimes itchy and are sore when tried to pop or press hard. I am not worried these are something to do with an STI as I have been checked at a clinic not long ago. I sometimes have These bumps and lumps a lot all of a sudden. But can go up to a month without seeing them but the always return. I am slightly worried there s something wrong with me and curious to find out what they are and it can be quite embarrassing. Also over a year ago now I had one, It was popped and quickly healed up and went. But I have been left with a constant balled spot and it is very smooth skin where the hair should have grown back, this is also a concern
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
From the description given, these could either be bacterial infection of hair follicles( boils) or molluscum contagiosum. I would advise that you meet a dermatologist nearby and get these lesions examined. If these are boils, application of any topical antibacterial cream would help. If these are lesions of molluscum contagiosum, extraction would be required.
Hope this helped.