Hard lump with blood cloth with oozing liquid. Had wound with blood under it post accident. Cause of lump?

I was involed in a car accident 23 years ago. On my top left inner thigh it formed a hard lump which started pull when I walked and the vien where bursting around it. I had it remored this year in May. When I went back for a cheak -up the doctor told me that I had blood under wound and that I must put an ice pack on it. That night the wond starting leaking a clear bloody liquid out of the wound. I phoned him the next day to tell him and he told me to put a tight bandage round it. We went on holiday but was changing the brandage all the time as it was getting wet with this bloody liquid. I after the 4th day I told my husband we needed to get back home so that I can go and see the doctor. I phoned the doctor but it was along weekend and he told me to go hosipal, my house docter was on duty and had to re -open the wound as it had cause a blood clot. He cleaned it out and re - stiched it. For about for week I need to keep on going to him to have it drain. It now has formed a larger hard lump. Please could tell me if you know why this has happened
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
The lump that you have in place of the blood clot could be due to fibrosis in the area of injury. If it is not painful then there is no need to worry.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,