Hard lump under skin below the outside corner of eye. Had hit on the cheek bone the earlier week. Cause?

My 6 year old son had a toboganning accident and struck his right eye/cheekbone very hard against another kid s sled. He had a severely bruised eye/cheek with a lot of swelling . The family doctor said it was fine and tested his eye movement and cheek bone etc. It all appeared to heal up fine. But now, about three-four weeks later, there is a very hard lump under the skin below the outside corner of his eye, at the top of the cheek bone. It is about the size of a bean and can move around a bit under the skin. It doesn t hurt him.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013