Hard lump on upper arm, raised area, unbearable pain. What is wrong? Take painkillers?

Hello, I have a hard lump on my upper arm , you can see a slight raised area on the skin but no redness and it is not warm. Its about the size of a grape and i think its touching a nerve as its making my arm numb and the pain is unbearable. Its not very mobile. I have co codomal from the doc and waiting for ultra sound however can be waiting up to 6 weeks. What do you think it might be? It hurts less in the morning but as the day goes on the pain increases. Surely I can t take painkillers every minute of the day till I get the ultra sound? Is that good for you? Many thanks
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013