Hard lump on the roof of the mouth. Chances of cancer?

About a year ago I noticed a large bb sized hard lump on the roof of my mouth. It does not hurt, only slightly painful if I push on it hard. It is located more center of mouth slightly off to the right side but located toward the back of my mouth versus up by the tooth line. Any ideas of what it could be? Reading the blogs online has me extremely freaked out that it could be cancer?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for contacting for HCM
you have a large bb sized hard lump on the roof of mouth. Dont afraid so much , please consult the ENT specialist for clear cut diagnosis. Cancer is present mainly when you are smoker, tobacco chewers , factory workers , extreme of age etc .

Dr Hariom Sharma