Hard lump on knee, painless

Excuse me, I ve found a small, hard lump on the back of my knee . I noticed it a couple on months back when I was in a lesson at school and I ve come to realise that doesn t seem to be going. I would much appreciate it if someone could give me an idea towards what it is because eventhough it doesn t cause me any pain , I m curious towards whether it s something I should get checked out. Please and thank you
Asked On : Wed, 8 Feb 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. thanks for writing to HCM
For how long you been having this lump and what is your age?
These two questions are to be answered before trying to figure out what the lump can be. Now it could be simple nothing significant to something important needing intervention. It would have to be seen the plane of tissue in which it is (superfecial or deep soft tissue). Presently, if you are sure that there are no pulsations in it, you should get a FNAC which will probably answer the cause. Nevertheless, a general surgeon definitely must examine and investigate this further. It would not be advisable to ignore.