Hard lump on forehead. Done X Ray, ultrasound, CAT scan. Should I go for biopsy?

Hi, i also have a small hard lump on the left side of my forehead, it is the size of a ten cent piece, it arrived about six months ago. I have had an x-ray, ultra sound and more recently a cat scan, but none has shown a definitive cause or what it actually is, so now i have to go for a nuclear scan. It is not painful, unless pressed firmly and it has seemed to have stopped growing. If the nuclear scan does not show anything then my doctor said the next step would be a biopsy, but this would be a last resort because of where the lump is .. .high on the left side just below the hairline. He also said that because of where it is, if it is benign, then removal was not an option, which is of course annoying.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013