Hard lump on buttocks, no pain or bleeding or itching. Getting smaller. Any ideas?

Hello. Yes I have a very hard lump on my left butt cheek. I have added it since last thursday or friday. It seems to be getting smaller but the smaller it gets the more it hurts. No pain when I go numer 2. No bleeding or itching. The lump was very hard but now it s smaller but hurts.It is hard to sit down. Any ideas what this might be? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
It could be infection of hair follicle.
The infection might have subsided partially and so the size is reduced.
But,due to induration the hardness is still present.
I prescribe antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicine to my patients with similar complaints.
If there is no response,please consult a General surgeon and proceed accordingly.
Wish you speedy recovery