Hard lump on arm below thumb joint, wrist pain. CAT scan scheduled. Cure?

I have a hard bump on my radius on the inside of my arm an inch below my thumb joint I had an xray and the nurse practitioner said the X ray was clean she told me I needed to see an orthopedic surgeon and have a cat scan but she didn t refer me to a surgeon or write me an order for a cat scan I can t really afford to go to a specialist only to get an order for cat scan to go back again for the results I m not sure what to do next most surgeons won t even see you without a referral from a doctor but my wrist hurts pretty bad and I m scared to continue using it without treatment
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013