Hard lump inside upper lip, under nose. Get swollen glands. What is it?

Hello, I have a hard pea sized hard lump inside my upper lip under my nose. It grew in one day. It is very high up so there is no chance of bitting that area or any other injury. It started to feel as if I had something in my teeth, but by the end of the day it grew into the lump.
I looked it up online here are a couple of factors.
short history of smoking (3yrs)
I do get swollen glands. I have a large one behind my ear that will never go away.
My question is should I go to the doctor now or wait and see if it changes.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013