Hard lump in the mouth and neck. Pain while eating. Need permanent remedy

Hello, I am a 55 year old female, on the left side of my mouth there id a hard pea size lump. Also sometimes when I eat, I get a lump on the outside of my neck , which hurts. I have been to my doctor once before, he gave me meds but it keeps coming back. Of course he is not in his office for a couple of weeks, so I am asking you.Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Dentist 's  Response
as per you clinical presentation i belief you are suffering from an ailment called ranula.the swelling within mouth will be of bluish discolouration.
This is totally curable surgically.
Get well soon