Hard lump in the hip, looks like red pimple, pain in the knee. What could it be?

I have a large hard lump (about 3/4 inch long and 1/4 wide) that I first noticed as hip pain after walking many many hours on vacation. I have been walking and going up and down many many stairs for the past week. I usually don t walk anywhere near that amount. It first looked like a red pimple but not it still has a pimple look on the outside but it feels like a hard lump of about 3/4 inch long and 1/4 inch wide. I am also having some pain in my knew. What could it be?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012