Hard lump in mouth, painful. History of taking penicillin for similar symptoms. Same condition?

Hi I have a very hard, bony feeling lump on the ridge that separates the soft and hard pallete. It is painful off and on. I had similar symptoms about a year ago and went into a oral specialist, who stated that it was an infected cyst. He prescribed penicillin which immediately cleared it up. Do you think this might be the same thing? Or is it something much scarier? Can cysts become infected again and again?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013