Hard lump in between the knuckles after punching on a heavy bag. Severe bruising on the hand. What happened?

I punched a 100 lb heavy bag 5 days ago & immediately after the punch I had a large hard lump form right between my pointer & middle knuckles..since then I ve had severe bruising throughout my hand , from the middle of my fingers to my wrist and from one side across to the other-entire top of my hand. I can make a fist & use it with only minimal pain but when I hit the lump on accident at all it s very painful & when I let my arm hang down by my side my hand throbs..what could it be?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013