Hard lump below the collar bone, no pain. Family history of breast, colon cancer. What could it be?

I have a hard lump just below my collar bone on the right and side. It doesn t move and is not painful. I am a 76 year old female in good health but have a family history of breast and colon cancer . My gut feeling is that it is harmless. I have an appointment for an examination early September. I can t prioritize this as I am due to travel abroad to my grandson s wedding in two weeks and don t have time to start with biopsies and panicking. Anyway I am not going to die young am I?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012