Hard lump at the site of operation for fractured mandible. Cause of concern?

Hi, I had a plate fitted due to a fractured madible three weeks ago. I have a hard lump at the site of the operation which can be felt from the outside of my face. Should this be cause for concern? I had noticed it since the surgery but it appears to be much more prominent now. I don t know whether this will be my normal shape now or if the plate/bone is protruding and don t want to waste doctors time at the hospital if it isn t cause for concern. Many thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013