Hard lump above belly button, have lost immense weight in recent past. Cause?

i just noticed a hard lump above my belly button yesterday. I lost about 30 lbs, from 145 to 113 in the past 2 months (on a diet ) so I dont know if I always had this or it is new. I had surgery through my belly button 30 years ago and also 23 years ago. Have been experiencing some pain in the area which is what made me find the hard mass. I can t see it, only feel it
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
The weight loss. the lump and pain are a cause of concern. There may be an underlying problem causing this. You must seek help from a doctor who can do an examination and some investigations to rule out several medical conditions which may cause this and find the exact one. Its possible that the lump may have something to do with previous surgery but a doctor only will be able to confirm that to you.